Monday, April 11, 2011

Welcome!

So I've been toying around with the idea of starting a food blog for a while. Obviously, if you know me, you know I am quite the 'Foodie'. I love watching any type of cooking show (right now my favorite is the Cooking Channel - ***LOVE***). I am a member of a bunch of different recipe sights. I'm always trying on new recipes to my poor family and I am constantly on the lookout for bigger and better gadgets.

Really, this should not come to a surprise to any of you....

I figure with this food blog, I can somewhat separate what I put up on my family blog - It's Hammie Time and just use this as an outlet for me to gush about everything and anything that's related to the culinary world. Of course my two worlds may collide every once in a while, but I figure you all will be okay with that. ;)

What I really want to drive home is the fact that although this is going to be a 'food' blog, doesn't mean I'll ONLY be posting recipes left and right. My thoughts are that I'll post pictures of the food I make with the recipes (whereas I'll of course give credit to where credit is due). I'll also post pics of food I order at restaurants and various other places I go with food that I may find amazing and I'll also tell of my adventures as next year OWC Gourmet Club President. A title that I have - if I'm being honest, reluctantly accepted. And it's not because I don't WANT to be President. It's just that I realize what a HUGE undertaking this 'VOLUNTEER' position is and of course knowing who I am and what I am capable of, makes me feel pretty nervous. It's definitely not the food aspect of it. But more of being able to run a tight ship and do the job effectively. I really have huge shoes to fill. The current GC President  - Madeline, will be moving very soon. She's been the President for the last 2 years and a member of the OWC Gourmet Club since it's founding, I believe. It'll be a tough job to follow in such wonderful foot steps!

I hope I don't trip!!

Finally,  I realize that this is not everyone's cuppa tea and that is fine by me. But I hope you'll indulge me enough as your friend, a member of your family or even someone you barely know, to take the time and just read what I say here. You don't have to love it but I hope you realize that this is a part of who I am and because of that, you'll support me.

And with that, all I have to say is:

Bon Appetit!

 - Stacy

PS - I refuse to steal Julia Child's tag line so whoever can think of the best tag line for me to use - I will bake you a batch of my world famous (in my mind) Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies. :)  I'll even ship 'em to you if I have to! :)

7 comments:

  1. Oh...I'm your first follower!
    How about...Until we eat again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that's why I love you! lol

    Oooh - I like that tag line!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! So excited for you! I like Erins tag line too but I'm still going to be thinking because I would love to have some of those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome and exciting! You'll make the best Pres ever! Congrats! I love Erin's tag line too, but like Jill I want those cookies, so I'm thinking! Also, it's so not fair that you're such a Foodie with a skinny hot body! Lastly, I'm sooooooo like you with the being a Midwest girl and hating the heat and to sweat and ditto on the good book gf! Luv ya! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so going to be brainstorming tag lines tonight! Congratulations on your new blog and position as GC President - wow! Of course I will be reading. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about, saving the world, one meal at a time.

    ReplyDelete