Sunday, February 5, 2012

I have been SUCH a slacker! A new recipe - Curried Chicken Salad

Today as I synced my iPhone and noticed I had more food pictures on there than actual pictures of people, I realized that I have a TON of recipes that I've tried in the last, oh...6 months or so that I haven't blogged about. Then I thought, 'When was the last time I even did a blog post?' Let's just say, it's been A LONG time!

One of my purposes for creating this Hammie Gourmet blog was to write about my adventures as President of the OWC Gourmet Club here on Camp Lejeune.  I would like to pretty much blame the non-existing posts on this. Being President and running the club has totally cleared out any free time that I wanted to devote to writing and blogging. (Although my FB and Pinterest accounts haven't suffered! ;) Thank goodness!)

So here I am, ready to dive back into blogging about my adventures in Culinary delights. I can't make any promises, as this could just be a one day fluke but I'm here to tell you, I'm about to knock out as many of these bad boys as possible!

This recipe I'd like to give props to Care's Kitchen! I've gotten many food inspirations from her blog! The Curried Chicken Salad is to die for if you are a curry lover, like me! I could just eat and eat and eat and eat it. Did I mention, I could seriously eat the crap out of this? I hope you love it as much as I do and if you want more fun and exciting recipes, head on over to Care's Kitchen! You won't be disappointed.


Curried Chicken Salad

3 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cooked and cooled (Care's recommended rubbing them with herbs and grilling. I rubbed mine with some evoo and good ol' S&P and baked them in the oven until done.)
1/4 to 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1/4 cup Plain Yogurt
1 tsp. curry powder (large teaspoon)
1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
1/2 tsp. hot paprika
1/3 cup celery, finely diced
1/4 cup scallion, chopped
2 T. cilantro, chopped
1 T. fresh lemon juice
a handful of raisins
a small handful of sliced almonds
Kosher salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Chop up your chicken into bite size pieces.

In a medium bowl mix together mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder, turmeric powder, paprika, celery, scallion, cilantro and lemon juice. 

Fold your chicken into the mayonnaise/yogurt mixture.

Add your raisins and almonds and salt and pepper to taste. Even better the next day eaten cold!
Serve some sliced cantaloupe for a light, delish meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment