Friday, May 6, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies

I FINALLY got around to giving my friend Jennie her cookies that she earned by coming up with THE BEST tag line for my blog. I have to tell you, I felt bad that I made her wait almost 3 weeks to get them. But between getting caught in a tornado (and all the aftermath that entailed), to my folks visiting, to us leaving for our vacation in FL, my life was hectic to say the least. I made sure to make it a priority to get those cookies made as soon as we got back from FL so I wouldn't be such a slacker!

Congrats again Jennie for being my 'winner-winner chicken dinner' and I'm so glad to know you liked my cookies!

And now ladies and gents, here's my recipe handed down from my Mom (and possibly, my Grandma) for my No-Bake cookies.....



2 Cups Sugar
1 Stick Butter
3 TB Cocoa Powder
½ Cup Milk
1 tsp Vanilla
½ Cup Peanut Butter
1½ to 2 Cups QUICK cooking oats


Slowly melt the butter in a sauce pan on med-low heat until melted. Add the sugar, cocoa powder and milk. Combine until dissolved. Once dissolved, kick up the heat to high. As soon as it starts to boil, cook for ONE MINUTE EXACTLY.
As soon as the minute is up, quickly add the vanilla followed by the peanut butter. Mix quickly. Then add up to 2 Cups of the oats. 

Spoon out onto wax paper.  

Once cooled, you can store in an air tight container. But they'll be eaten before you know it so don't worry about needing to keep them from drying out.



Cook Notes:
Have everything prepped and ready BEFORE you start. Lay down your wax paper, get a trivet or oven mitts set up next to the wax paper to set your pan down on. Have everything measured out. ESPECIALLY the peanut butter, oats and vanilla.


When I say you can use up to 2 cups of the oats, it all depends on the amount of humidity in the air that day. No bakes are very temperamental! I usually ALWAYS mess up one batch when I make them. Either they won't 'set' or they're too dry. You want them to have a nice glossy look. If they start to crumble, might as well feed them to the dogs because they won't work after that.


Prepare to slap hands away that keep trying to pick at the cookies while they're cooling. I find a wooden spoon helps with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment